Noun(1) earnest or urgent request(2) attractiveness that interests or pleases or stimulates(3) (law(4) request for a sum of money
Verb(1) take a court case to a higher court for review(2) request earnestly (something from somebody(3) be attractive to(4) challenge (a decision(5) cite as an authority; resort to
(1) With that kind of mass appeal , a really solid program could be built to suit a variety of backgrounds.(2) Vanessa raised hundreds of pounds for the charity by playing requests in exchange for donations to the appeal .(3) an appeal to black pride(4) For these people, a national network with a brand image and good quality had much appeal .(5) Her schedules, she insists, combine quality with wide appeal .(6) a look of appeal on his face(7) An appeal to her sense of fair play had failed to sway her.(8) There was an urgent appeal for blood donors to treat victims of the crash.(9) The book will appeal broadly to scholars interested in colonial agriculture and economics.(10) Money raised by the appeal will fund all three posts for three years.(11) The appeal aims to raise funds needed for new diagnostic and treatment equipment for the hospital.(12) People we don't even know have been raising funds for the appeal by doing sponsored walks or holding charity discos and so on.(13) Tables of four are Ôö¼├║20.00 and an appeal goes out for support, sponsorship and donations.(14) He could meet any challenge, he was sure, but waiting to learn what that challenge might be held no appeal at all.(15) A boom in the number of rough sleepers in Trowbridge has forced charity officials to make an urgent appeal for more sleeping bags.(16) She added she had not received the councillors' petition or his appeal for a meeting.
(1) sex appeal :: unika umdla kwezesondo
(2) appeal to :: cenga uku
(3) to appeal :: ukuba isikhalazo
(4) emotional appeal :: isikhalazo ngokweemvakalelo
(5) appeal for :: siyacela ukuba
(6) curb appeal :: nciphisa isibheno
(7) appeal to reason :: acela isizathu
(8) appeal against :: aphili
(9) file an appeal :: usenokufaka isibheno
(10) have sex appeal :: umdla sex
1. plea ::
2. attraction ::
3. retrial ::
4. prayer ::
8. implore ::
9. attract ::
10. invoke ::
1. repulsion ::
appeal, appealed, appealing, appeals
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Oh, I've always
seen the APPEAL of it.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 6
He's agreed to APPEAL
for a fourteen-day hold.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 9
I'd like to take this moment
to APPEAL to your sense
Westworld Season 2, Episode 5
Let me APPEAL to the scientist in you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 5
Well, if you want to guarantee his APPEAL
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
English to Xhosa Dictionary: appeal
Meaning and definitions of appeal, translation in Xhosa language for appeal with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of appeal in Xhosa and in English language.
Tags for the entry "appeal"
What appeal means in Xhosa, appeal meaning in Xhosa, appeal definition, examples and pronunciation of appeal in Xhosa language.