Noun(1) a knot with two loops and loose ends; used to tie shoelaces(2) a slightly curved piece of resilient wood with taut horsehair strands; used in playing certain stringed instruments(3) front part of a vessel or aircraft(4) a weapon for shooting arrows, composed of a curved piece of resilient wood with a taut cord to propel the arrow(5) something curved in shape(6) bending the head or body or knee as a sign of reverence or submission or shame or greeting(7) an appearance by actors or performers at the end of the concert or play in order to acknowledge the applause of the audience(8) a decorative interlacing of ribbons(9) a stroke with a curved piece of wood with taut horsehair strands that is used in playing stringed instruments
Verb(1) bend one's knee or body, or lower one's head(2) yield to another's wish or opinion(3) bend the head or the upper part of the body in a gesture of respect or greeting(4) bend one's back forward from the waist on down(5) play on a stringed instrument with a bow
(1) the man gave a little bow(2) He realizes that the misfortunes of life, like losing a job or a home, or disastrous illness, may bow him down but can never break him.(3) Next cut a length of narrow holiday ribbon to tie in a bow for the top of the package.(4) Before the Constitution all other laws and legislation bow .(5) Without the support of the bowsprit, the long spar that extends forward from the bow of the ship, there was no support for the masts.(6) I tied it in a bow around the stem of the flower, and gently stroked the soft fabric before letting my feet carry me downstairs again.(7) Steve stood at the bow of the ship, unprotected from the storm and hanging on for dear life as he pointed excitedly.(8) He said he's had fans bow down before him, and shrugged off the hardships of playing the physically demanding part.(9) Sir Robin, clean-cut and the soul of discretion, gives a brief head bow and addresses the Queen as ├ö├ç├┐Your Majesty├ö├ç├û.(10) She picked up her hunter's bow and the quiver of poison tipped arrows, and slung them around her shoulder.(11) Shears are usually six inches long or longer with one bow for the thumb and one elongated bow for two or more fingers.(12) She went into the woods with her bow and arrows and quickly found her prey.(13) Her shoulders are bare, and she has a big white bow in her hair.(14) They bent down on one knee in a bow before their king.(15) The song ended and I took a quick, self-conscious bow .(16) And we often set them swaying back and forth with an accidental whack of a violin bow .
(1) take a bow :: Guqa
(2) bow tie :: itayi webhowu
(3) bow down :: Guqa phantsi
(4) bow and arrow :: Guqa kwaye ukhombe
(5) bow out :: baqubude ngaphandle
(6) violin bow :: isaphetha violin
(7) bow window :: aguqe window
(8) bow thruster :: aguqe thruster
(9) bow-legged :: baqubude enemilenze
1. obeisance ::
2. prow ::
3. loop ::
4. arc ::
5. longbow ::
6. bowknot ::
7. curtain call ::
8. fore ::
9. bowing ::
10. incline the body ::
11. yield to ::
12. bend ::
13. bow down ::
14. give in ::
bow, bowed, bowen, bowing, bows
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Come, BOW before your king!
Bow, you shits!
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
you could learn
to shoot a BOW from horseback.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
It's hard for them to simper and BOW
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 10
Bow, General Zod trapped
in the Phantom Zone...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
Back off, BOW tie!
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 7
English to Xhosa Dictionary: bow
Meaning and definitions of bow, translation in Xhosa language for bow with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of bow in Xhosa and in English
Tags for the entry "bow"
What bow means in Xhosa, bow meaning
in Xhosa, bow definition, examples and pronunciation
of bow in Xhosa language.