Noun(1) an assertion of a right (as to money or property(2) an assertion that something is true or factual(3) demand for something as rightful or due(4) an informal right to something(5) an established or recognized right(6)
Verb(1) assert or affirm strongly; state to be true or existing(2) demand as being one's due or property; assert one's right or title to(3) ask for legally or make a legal claim to, as of debts, for example(4) lay claim to; as of an idea(5) take as an undesirable consequence of some event or state of affairs
(1) But critics say the claim that the 87,000 who've left are doing well rests on shaky evidence.(2) Parents of pupils at a York primary school have challenged the council claim that their children will receive an improved service if it closes.(3) She questions my claim that people soon wake up to this and are not deceived by it.(4) The Baroness had agreed in a marriage settlement to renounce her claim on the trust.(5) If more than one person seemed to have a claim on a piece of land, it quickly got mired in the courts.(6) How does adding an inexperienced driver make it less likely that we'll need to claim on the insurance?(7) Sometimes punters who have lost their phone falsely report it as stolen in order to claim on insurance.(8) I placed a claim with the British insurance company thinking there would be no problem.(9) If booked as a package through a travel agent, they should make a claim on their travel insurance.(10) Professor Keep also challenges the claim that more than three-quarters of new jobs will be for graduates.(11) Police never bothered to question his claim that he had used the apartment for drug activities.(12) they have first claim on the assets of the trust(13) She believes that his family could make a claim on the house as they are his next of kin.(14) you can claim compensation(15) she said that a meeting would claim her time this evening(16) The passenger door, rear door and passenger side rear long window were all damaged so I had to claim on my insurance to pay for the damage.
(1) baggage claim :: Ukufuna Impahla
(2) insurance claim :: inshorensi isimangalo
(3) claim form :: ifom yebango
(4) file a claim :: ufake ibango
(5) claim check :: isimangalo check
(6) claim to :: isimangalo
(7) claim back :: bafune ukubuyiselwa
(8) claim to be :: abathi ukuba
(9) lay claim :: isimangalo wama-
(10) stake a claim :: bayilwele ibango
1. assertion ::
2. request ::
3. entitlement to ::
4. call ::
5. title ::
6. assert ::
7. lay claim to ::
8. request ::
9. take ::
10. arrogate ::
1. deny ::
2. gainsay ::
claim, claimable, claimant, claimants, claimed, claimer, claimers, claiming, claims
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If I do not press my CLAIM,
my CLAIM will be forgotten.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
You dispute Newton's CLAIM
that he invented calculus...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 11
I don't CLAIM to be a great warrior.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 10
It's not a CLAIM. The throne is mine.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
King Horik resists your CLAIM,
Vikings Season 1, Episode 9
English to Xhosa Dictionary: claim
Meaning and definitions of claim, translation in Xhosa language for claim with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of claim in Xhosa and in English
Tags for the entry "claim"
What claim means in Xhosa, claim meaning
in Xhosa, claim definition, examples and pronunciation
of claim in Xhosa language.