Noun(1) a quality of spirit that enables you to face danger or pain without showing fear
(1) The artistic director of a truly great company needs courage , intelligence and drive.(2) That gives him the strength and courage to confront whatever evil may be awaiting him.(3) To seek safety and protection in our country has taken courage and persistence.(4) she called on all her courage to face the ordeal(5) What he was, was real and ordinary, but with extraordinary courage in the face of his fear and his pain.(6) After all it takes a lot of courage and imagination to stand up to corporate bullies.(7) Then, drawing on every reserve of strength and courage , she drew the stinger forth.(8) Earl was such a shining example of courage and strength as he relied on his faith in the Lord.(9) You're a man of true independent mind and spirit, a man of rare courage and honesty.(10) he fought his illness with great courage(11) Your courage and determination in this time of turmoil gives us all strength!(12) The courage she has shown in the face of adversity has been just incredible.(13) He was adored by his men, not least for his courage , chivalry and handsome appearance.(14) The parents of a teenage girl who died after battling a brain tumour for seven years have spoken of her courage .(15) Her courage has won her the hospital's bravery award and a special place in the hearts of the nurses.(16) Great acts of courage happen every day, but heroes and heroines often go unrecognised.
(1) take courage :: ukuthatha isibindi
(2) have courage :: ube nesibindi
(3) moral courage :: isibindi ngokokuziphatha
(4) pluck up courage :: ndilunyothule isibindi
(5) great courage :: nesibindi okukhulu
(6) lose courage :: ulahlekelwe isibindi
1. bravery ::
3. pluck ::
5. valor ::
8. nerve ::
9. daring ::
10. audacity ::
12. grit ::
13. true grit ::
14. hardihood ::
15. heroism ::
16. gallantry ::
18. spunk ::
19. moxie ::
20. cojones ::
1. cowardice ::
2. poltroonery ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
A lot of COURAGE is needed.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
What can I tell you,
after I found the COURAGE...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 23
May the warrior give her COURAGE.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
- provincial COURAGE.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 9
What my spineless friend
lacks the COURAGE to say
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 11
English to Xhosa Dictionary: courage
Meaning and definitions of courage, translation in Xhosa language for courage with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of courage in Xhosa and in English language.
Tags for the entry "courage"
What courage means in Xhosa, courage meaning in Xhosa, courage definition, examples and pronunciation of courage in Xhosa language.