Adjective(1) precise; explicit and clearly defined(2) known for certain
(1) This, she felt, was definite proof of Charlie's negative influence in Adam's behavior.(2) I have had the rare opportunity of seeing definite proof of this fact.(3) There is not a single object the existence of which we hesitate to accept until definite proofs are furnished.(4) Attempting to get that rune is definite , clear and utter suicide.(5) She was definite that no one from the Church had offered help.(6) On the topic of mass gatherings, Blackburn also notes that the student strike during creation/rehearsal time had a definite influence on the production.(7) Therefore, I would like to challenge all those clubs and organizations that go so far in promoting this type of discrimination to provide a clear and definite reason for doing so.(8) The photo you sent of yourself will be a definite asset to you.(9) There's a definite country influence that runs throughout the record, most obviously on ├ö├ç├┐Say It Ain't So├ö├ç├û.(10) ├ö├ç├┐This means it's not definite yet and that's a good sign,├ö├ç├û she said.(11) It is his sole hobby and he is definite that his future career lies in computers or electronics.(12) As a rule it will not be waged in a definite military-geographic area.(13) ├ö├ç├┐Angie's death is a possibility, Christopher, but it is not yet definite ,├ö├ç├û I insisted.(14) The uncertainty has been going on since February or March, and right through the summer we've been asking about what was going to happen, because we need to know, but without any definite answer.(15) They have a definite Brit-pop influence but much harder, at least live (i don't think the new album is as hard).(16) The interviewer is looking for evidence that you followed a definite lead that was planned, thought through properly and had long-term potential.
(1) definite article :: bafuna
(2) definite time :: elithile
(3) definite integral :: wawucacisa ephelelisa
(4) definite view :: umbono ocacile
1. explicit ::
2. certain ::
3. unmistakable ::
4. fixed ::
1. boundless ::
2. endless ::
3. illimitable ::
4. immeasurable ::
5. indefinite ::
6. infinite ::
7. unbounded ::
8. undefined ::
9. unmeasured ::
definite, definitely, definiteness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It's not DEFINITE. I'll talk to Bernadette.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
English to Xhosa Dictionary: definite
Meaning and definitions of definite, translation in Xhosa language for definite with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of definite in Xhosa and in English language.
Tags for the entry "definite"
What definite means in Xhosa, definite meaning in Xhosa, definite definition, examples and pronunciation of definite in Xhosa language.