- ezimbalwambalwa kakhulunaneixabiso layo,
Noun(1) a small elite group
Adjective(1) a quantifier that can be used with count nouns and is often preceded by `a'; a small but indefinite number
(1) She also asked him a few more questions until we were certain he was my twin brother.(2) If we lose or draw, then I wouldn't see us being able to make up that ground in so few games.(3) It needs to have a mass appeal so it stays firmly in the mainstream and takes few risks.(4) there were as few as ten of us at first(5) Emancipation is not a right that can be curtailed in favour of the interests of the few .(6) he's a man of few words(7) The Thals are one of the very few powers in this world able to make me root for the Daleks.(8) one of the few who survived(9) few of the students are finding work(10) of the few that are available, two are old(11) it was one of the few times I spoke to him(12) It is one of Cumbria's few evergreen flora of the fells and can be seen all year round.(13) His education, he told me, was unlikely to get him a decent job and he had few friends.(14) Place the warm fennel on the plate and arrange the fish on top with a few of the cucumber pieces.(15) there are too few people willing to help(16) Try to be nice about it though and offer them a can of beer or you will make few friends.
(1) a few :: ezimbalwa
(2) very few :: ezimbalwa kakhulu
(3) quite a few :: abambalwanyana
(4) a few days :: kwiintsuku nje ezimbalwa
(5) few days :: iintsuku ezimbalwa
(6) a few days ago :: kwiintsuku ezimbalwa ezidlulileyo
(7) only a few :: kuphela nje ezimbalwa
(8) in a few minutes :: emva kwemizuzu embalwa
(9) too few :: bambalwa kakhulu
(10) a few years ago :: kwiminyaka embalwa edlulileyo
1. not many ::
2. hardly any ::
3. scarcely any ::
4. a small number of ::
5. a small amount of ::
6. one or two ::
omnye okanye emibini
7. a handful of ::
8. little ::
9. a small number ::
10. a handful ::
11. one or two ::
omnye okanye emibini
12. a couple ::
13. two or three ::
ezimbini okanye ezintathu
14. not many ::
15. hardly any ::
few, fewer, fewest, fewness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Pick up a FEW things,
maybe chill for a little bit.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 13
Your characterization of approximately
171 different men as a FEW.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 1
The real one arrived a FEW minutes later.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 4
See, now that we've had us
a FEW handsome trades
Westworld Season 2, Episode 3
Oh, no. Are you sure you don't wanna
give her a FEW more minutes?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 16
English to Xhosa Dictionary: few
Meaning and definitions of few, translation in Xhosa language for few with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of few in Xhosa and in English language.
Tags for the entry "few"
What few means in Xhosa, few meaning in Xhosa, few definition, examples and pronunciation of few in Xhosa language.