Noun(1) an intermediate platform in a staircase(2) structure providing a place where boats can land people or goods(3) the act of coming down to the earth (or other surface(4) the act of coming to land after a voyage
Verb(1) reach or come to rest(2) cause to come to the ground(3) bring into a different state(4) bring ashore(5) deliver (a blow(6) arrive on shore(7) shoot at and force to come down
(1) My sigh of relief when the pilot executed a perfect landing and brought the vessel to a safe stop was as deep as anyone's I reckon.(2) If the gap between railings on a stairway or at the landing is wide enough to crawl through you should rig a device to stop kids from doing so.(3) Trading speed for altitude, Art got the racer up to about 50 feet and managed to make a safe landing at the airfield.(4) Stairs lead from the landing to the attic room at the top of the house.(5) She walked up the stairs from the landing to the main floor.(6) he ran across the landing to his bedroom(7) We need a landing and a berthing port, until such time as a port in the area can facilitate such vessels.(8) Stairs lead from the landing to the final room in the house, a circular space which is currently being used as a home office but which could also make a teenager's den.(9) Then, with a shove he is off, gliding across 10 metres of slippery plastic, making a messy landing in the soapy water at the end of the run.(10) He stepped across the threshold of the tunnel and onto a landing of a flight stairs.(11) The cruise to the ferry landing is another 700 metres.(12) the ferry landing(13) we made a perfect landing at the airstrip(14) the landing of men on the moon(15) I started to re-decorate our landing , stairs and hallway in mid-January.(16) I needed to determine if the water was too deep to attempt a safe landing .
(1) land :: umhlaba
(2) landing gear :: gear kokwehla
(3) landing strip :: kwendiza strip
(4) landing page :: page kokwehla
(5) bill of landing :: Bill of kokufika
(6) landing card :: ikhadi kokwehla
(7) emergency landing :: ebikhona
(8) moon landing :: enyangeni kwe
(9) hard landing :: kwendiza nzima
(10) soft landing :: kwendiza soft
(11) landing site :: site kokwehla
2. harbor ::
3. landing place ::
4. disembark ::
5. dock ::
7. perch ::
8. obtain ::
9. bring ::
10. inflict ::
12. shore ::
14. shoot down ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Did you know his plans for King's Landing
when the Lannister armies were at his gates?
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 9
I was charged
with the defense of King's Landing
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 3
made me go with him down from the Red Keep
into the streets of King's Landing.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
- King's Landing?
- Your father's house.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 7
You returned my brother safely
to King's Landing.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
English to Xhosa Dictionary: landing
Meaning and definitions of landing, translation in Xhosa language for landing with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of landing in Xhosa and in English
Tags for the entry "landing"
What landing means in Xhosa, landing meaning
in Xhosa, landing definition, examples and pronunciation
of landing in Xhosa language.