Noun(1) the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object(2) information (data or ideas or observations(3) artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers(4) things needed for doing or making something(5) a person judged suitable for admission or employment
Adjective(1) concerned with worldly rather than spiritual interests(2) derived from or composed of matter(3) directly relevant to a matter especially a law case(4) concerned with or affecting physical as distinct from intellectual or psychological well-being(5) having material or physical form or substance(6) having substance or capable of being treated as fact; not imaginary
(1) His performance will feature both old material and songs from the new album.(2) teaching material(3) The source material was great books, and the host was a famous radio journalist.(4) In familiar, romantic fashion, this culture is associated with spiritual rather than with material values.(5) He is not teller material or bank material for that matter, but he sure makes me laugh.(6) Bear in mind that most material invocations for wordly gains will almost inevitably carry some degree of bad luck.(7) He obviously hoped to repeat his success with another trip, but the second cruise was dogged by bad weather and did not provide enough material for a book.(8) When we turn the page of a book, we're aware of a new yet essentially stable material physical space.(9) The officer saw an open-backed truck at the site containing a large amount of asbestos cement roofing material .(10) Bacteria and insects break down organic material to produce soil and nutrients so plants can grow.(11) How does she create her material , and what comes first, words or music?(12) The ensemble often draws its material from narrative folk songs.(13) Previous attempts to break down the plant into reusable material and fertiliser have been defeated because of its high moisture content.(14) She picked out a plain dress of dark green material and a clean loin cloth.(15) material fact(16) But, after a considerable amount of said hanging about, he accumulated enough material to write a book.
(1) raw material :: Impahla engekasilwa
(2) bill of material :: Bill of ezibonakalayo
(3) material status :: isimo ezibonakalayo
(4) waste material :: inkunkuma
(5) building material :: izinto zokwakha
(6) packing material :: izinto nokupaka
(7) reference material :: izinto reference
(8) hazardous material :: Impahla Eyingozi
(9) row material :: izinto emgceni
(10) advertising material :: izinto zentengiso
1. physical ::
2. sensual ::
3. relevant ::
4. significant ::
5. substantial ::
6. corporeal ::
7. matter ::
8. constituent ::
10. fabric ::
11. information ::
12. stuff ::
1. immaterial ::
material, materialist, materialists, materially, materials
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...you've only selected seven hours
of reading MATERIAL.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
So the waste MATERIAL avoids the turbine.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 22
...our genetic MATERIAL
has the potential of producing the first...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 1
- Like his haircut MATERIAL.
- Oh, right.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
We've only got MATERIAL
enough for six.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 9
English to Xhosa Dictionary: material
Meaning and definitions of material, translation in Xhosa language for material with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of material in Xhosa and in English language.
Tags for the entry "material"
What material means in Xhosa, material meaning in Xhosa, material definition, examples and pronunciation of material in Xhosa language.