Noun(1) a vaguely specified concern(2) some situation or event that is thought about(3) that which has mass and occupies space(4) a problem(5) (used with negation(6) written works (especially in books or magazines
Verb(1) have weight; have import, carry weight
(1) Any readers who can suggest suitable reading matter or anything else to keep him amused would be doing me a favour.(2) there was blood and matter coming from the wounds(3) what did it matter to them?(4) The only road to the two farms is by the lane which has been used for centuries, so what is the matter with it now?(5) It's also not a show that's performed very often - and having seen the content matter , I can see why.(6) For one thing, how can empty space explode without there being matter or energy?(7) He paused, having nothing further to say on the matter and then changed subject.(8) We grew impatient waiting for the next dose of reading matter .(9) punctuality does matter(10) In the universe matter and physical space are in permanent dynamic equilibrium.(11) what's the matter?(12) the first matter for discussion is the timetable(13) A spokesman said later that they were taking an interest and were giving the matter careful consideration.(14) What is the matter with this man and his brain-to-mouth impediment?(15) pretend that nothing's the matter(16) The latrines had a heater beneath, which would burn the faecal matter slowly without causing any smell.
(1) no matter :: noba kutheni
(2) it does not matter :: ayinamsebenzi
(3) as a matter of fact :: njengokuba ngenyaniso
(4) what's the matter :: Yintoni ingxaki
(5) no matter what :: noba kwenzekani
(6) no matter how :: kungakhathaliseki
(7) the matter :: lo mba
1. material ::
2. affair ::
3. importance ::
4. problem ::
5. content ::
6. subject ::
7. be important ::
8. count ::
1. answer ::
2. solution ::
antimatter, matter, mattered, mattering, matters
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Now to the MATTER at hand.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 20
are bad people no MATTER
what they tell themselves.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 21
Well, it doesn't MATTER now,
'cause I love how things worked out.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 14
lt made me keep at it.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
...for the existence
of galactic dark MATTER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 11
English to Xhosa Dictionary: matter
Meaning and definitions of matter, translation in Xhosa language for matter with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of matter in Xhosa and in English language.
Tags for the entry "matter"
What matter means in Xhosa, matter meaning in Xhosa, matter definition, examples and pronunciation of matter in Xhosa language.