Verb(1) move towards
Adjective(1) not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances(2) being on the left side(3) closely resembling the genuine article(4) giving or spending with reluctance, or near(5) with or in a close or intimate relationship(6) very close in resemblance
Adverb(1) near in time or place or relationship(2) (of actions or states, just
(1) it was near falling down(2) they're very near in age(3) The number of nerve fibres that would need to grow from the eye to the brain in a human is roughly the same, somewhere near a million.(4) A near relative is the larger and better-known Chinese water chestnut.(5) As the train came to a near stand still, passengers say they heard loud bangs coming from underneath the train.(6) The women didn't expect to raise anything near the amount they have - let alone be offered movie deals.(7) I near shrieked as he fell to the floor, a perfect, coin shaped hole, dotted between his eyebrows.(8) The general strike resulted in the near total shutdown of the rail network and lengthy traffic jams.(9) How could she live without falling into despair with love so near and yet unattainable?(10) The near failure of the monsoon has affected agricultural operations in 11 States.(11) By that stage last December, Jonathan, was in a near vegetative state and at one point was given only days to live.(12) She'll probably end up near obsessed with the guy but eventually see sense and move onto pastures new.(13) Ever wondered where you could get a near instant reply to any question.(14) The past few weeks have seen a near total triumph of pessimism.(15) It's had a high dividend yield and has been trading near or even below its net asset value for some time.(16) she's a near relation of mine
(1) near here :: kufuphi apha
(2) near to :: kufuphi ku
(3) in the near future :: kwixesha elizayo
(4) near future :: esizayo
(5) near miss :: kufuphi nomisi
(6) come near :: asondele
(7) very near :: kusemnyango
(8) quite near :: wasondela impela
(9) draw near :: besondela
(10) nowhere near :: kusekude
1. close ::
2. imminent ::
3. closely related ::
4. narrow ::
5. skinny ::
6. approximate ::
7. dear ::
8. nigh ::
9. almost ::
10. nigh ::
11. well-nigh ::
12. close to ::
13. approach ::
14. verge on ::
near, neared, nearer, nearest, nearing, nearness, nears
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You never let Pycelle NEAR you.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 1
I\'m not going near that
"' alt="MRS. WOLOWITZ
I\'m not going near that
I'm not going NEAR that fakakta thing.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
We need to be NEAR him.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 2
because "in the NEAR future"
is three more words than "soon."
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 20
He built our house up
from NEAR ruin,
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
English to Xhosa Dictionary: near
Meaning and definitions of near, translation in Xhosa language for near with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of near in Xhosa and in English
Tags for the entry "near"
What near means in Xhosa, near meaning
in Xhosa, near definition, examples and pronunciation
of near in Xhosa language.