Noun(1) past times (especially in the phrase `in days of old'
Adjective(1) (used especially of persons(2) of long duration; not new(3) (used for emphasis(4) skilled through long experience(5) belonging to some prior time(6) very good(7) of a very early stage in development(8) just preceding something else in time or order
(1) he's old enough to be her father(2) Those who yearn for the good old warehouse days are going to appreciate the jazzy, ambient vibe.(3) I rode him first at Punchestown in the autumn of 1999 and we've had a good old haul together.(4) The studios keep making this genre of film, and people still go and see them, but they're getting old fast.(5) Jim, as he was popularly known, belonged to an old and highly respected family in the district.(6) Some have been offering old clothes, but these offers have been rejected by most charities.(7) the same old story(8) But Southampton transport planners have said there are no plans to dig up the old ramps or replace them.(9) For those who know Stan, you've heard many of these stories before - but surprisingly they never get old .(10) he filled a bag with old clothes(11) What on earth possessed me to read through those old emails and instant message files?(12) How many times do we need to see the same old arguments made and the same sources quoted?(13) I belong to the old imperial class who want to put up roads and hospitals and make life easier for people.(14) they spent the money on a five-year old hospital(15) the conflict was more than a decade old(16) The rationale for replacing the old buses remains slightly mysterious.
(1) old man :: indoda endala
(2) years old :: iminyaka ubudala
(3) old school :: isikolo esidala
(4) old-fashioned :: lixesha
(5) old woman :: umfazi omdala
(6) old lady :: usisi omdala
(7) very old :: omdala kakhulu
(8) old age :: iminyaka emidala
(9) old times :: amaxesha amadala
1. elderly ::
2. dilapidated ::
3. worn ::
4. antique ::
5. mature ::
6. bygone ::
7. hackneyed ::
8. former ::
9. time-honored ::
10. older ::
11. previous ::
12. honest-to-goodness ::
1. young ::
old, older, oldest, oldish, oldness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Perhaps the OLD gods will.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
You also let an OLD man beat you bloody
and take your sword.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
I've never done it on
a big OLD pile of cash before.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 6
Space is beautiful, Earth is beautiful.
Same OLD, same OLD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 2
when I was 83 years OLD,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 7
English to Xhosa Dictionary: old
Meaning and definitions of old, translation in Xhosa language for old with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of old in Xhosa and in English
Tags for the entry "old"
What old means in Xhosa, old meaning
in Xhosa, old definition, examples and pronunciation
of old in Xhosa language.