Noun(1) a small pouch inside a garment for carrying small articles(2) an enclosed space(3) a supply of money(4) (bowling(5) a hollow concave shape made by removing something(6) a local region of low pressure or descending air that causes a plane to lose height suddenly(7) a small isolated group of people(8) (anatomy, as a marsupial or gopher or pelican(9) an opening at the corner or on the side of a billiard table into which billiard balls are struck
Verb(1) put in one's pocket(2) take unlawfully
(1) Corroded danburite up to 8 cm in length was abundant around footwall portions of the pocket .(2) But there's more to it than just stepping up to the plate and hitting a home run or standing in the pocket and throwing a touchdown pass.(3) I have found myself many times in foreign lands hopelessly trying to refold enormous maps back to their original pocket size.(4) I carry a little pocket PC around with me, and it has every plan for every job we're working on.(5) The pool hall was full of seedy characters as Sabrina sunk a red ball into the corner pocket , slamming two more in on rebound.(6) Brower had developed the habit of opening his glove wider when gripping the ball in the pocket for a changeup.(7) Wisely selecting the six ball for the side pocket , you carefully position the cue ball.(8) I leaned over the table, aiming to bounce the white ball off of a side to knock a blue ball into the corner pocket .(9) I accepted the challenge to simply pocket the object ball in the side, and stop the cueball dead.(10) The film is based on the British Navy's triumph over a German pocket battleship, the Graf Spee, in the early months of the second world war.(11) Most of us carry around a pocket computer as a matter of routine.(12) But Kevin was already skipping down the street, camera in pocket , cell phone in hand.(13) The line is doing a good job of protecting him and he's moving outside the pocket on pass plays, so defenses don't have a free shot at him.(14) And if you really want to get philosophical, bring a pocket dictionary.(15) They are, however, well-designed pocket revolvers for those who can and must carry a gun for personal protection.(16) They carry pocket telescopes to spy through when they walk abroad.
(1) pocket money :: imali yokuphatha
(2) pocket watch :: ukubukela ipokothi
(3) pocket knife :: okapi
(4) coat pocket :: idyasi pocket
(5) out of pocket :: ngaphandle epokothweni
(6) air pocket :: umoya pocket
(7) pocket calculator :: ephaketheni calculator
(8) pick pocket :: ukhethe pocket
(9) in the pocket :: kwipokotho
(10) back pocket :: pocket emva
1. small ::
2. pouch ::
4. area ::
5. air hole ::
6. scoop ::
7. steal ::
8. bag ::
pocket, pocketed, pocketful, pocketfuls, pocketing, pockets
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...put it in my POCKET,
and then got the hell out of there.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
Howard, which POCKET watch
will you be wearing
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 15
Look in your POCKET.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 8
Back in the POCKET it goes.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
Stick this in your POCKET.
Keep it out of sight.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 7
English to Xhosa Dictionary: pocket
Meaning and definitions of pocket, translation in Xhosa language for pocket with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of pocket in Xhosa and in English language.
Tags for the entry "pocket"
What pocket means in Xhosa, pocket meaning in Xhosa, pocket definition, examples and pronunciation of pocket in Xhosa language.