Adjective(1) under terms not final or fully worked out or agreed upon
(1) A provisional date of has been pencilled in for the York and District Cup final between Selby Warriors and York Groves.(2) Some of the most coveted United States postage stamps are the crude provisional stamps used by early postmasters from 1845 to 1846 before the Stamp Act was legislated.(3) Where uncertainty or dispute exists and it is necessary for a some factual determination to be made in order to comply with the brief, only tentative or provisional views will be expressed.(4) A spokesman for Bradford Council said a provisional arrangement had been made but it was never confirmed, so no-one attended.(5) In general practice in the United Kingdom, it is possible to make provisional decisions with patients and to review them.(6) If the fee is acceptable to WD King then I hope that your commitments permit our provisional meeting in Bath next Monday to go ahead.(7) That report contains provisional proposals for the construction of major flood alleviation works within the Edgware Brook and Silk Stream catchments.(8) While my research into these matters is not yet complete, I would like to present my provisional conclusions.(9) It was a kind of empire built on very provisional and tentative things that might happen.(10) Lots of top-notch breweries are set to be represented (although the beer list is provisional and subject to change).(11) Preliminary and provisional findings are presented, sometimes before peer review and without appropriate caveats, as proof of links between lethal diseases and familiar products or activities.(12) ├ö├ç├┐There is nothing unusual about changes to provisional star-rating status prior to publication,├ö├ç├û he told MPs.(13) We have now made provisional bookings so we need names and deposits immediately to secure accommodation.(14) Workers established dual power, whereby there were workers' councils on the one hand and a provisional government using the existing state institutions on the other.(15) Much of the uncertainty surrounds the dizzying number of ways of qualifying for a provisional ballot, a sort of emergency ballot that allows voters to cast a vote at the polls, then have their eligibility checked after the election.(16) In the meantime, the provisional festival programme has thrown up some intriguing possibilities for a couple of good nights on the town.
(1) provisional certificate :: isiqinisekiso sethutyana
(2) provisional government :: urhulumente provisional
(3) provisional contract :: isivumelwano provisional
1. interim ::
2. temporary ::
3. pro tem ::
4. transitional ::
5. changeover ::
6. stopgap ::
7. short-term ::
8. fill-in ::
9. acting ::
10. caretaker ::
11. subject to confirmation ::
12. penciled in ::
13. working ::
14. tentative ::
15. contingent ::
1. permanent ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
"regarding your quantum guidance system,
PROVISIONAL patent 62/295118."
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 24
It doesn't matter, it's a PROVISIONAL.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 11
...but once I get my PROVISIONAL,
I can keep working at it.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 12
Which means I can get my PROVISIONAL
and start driving by myself.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 11
English to Xhosa Dictionary: provisional
Meaning and definitions of provisional, translation in Xhosa language for provisional with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of provisional in Xhosa and in English
Tags for the entry "provisional"
What provisional means in Xhosa, provisional meaning
in Xhosa, provisional definition, examples and pronunciation
of provisional in Xhosa language.