Adverb(1) to a degree (not used with a negative(2) to the greatest extent; completely(3) of an unusually noticeable or exceptional or remarkable kind (not used with a negative(4) actually or truly or to an extreme
(1) I don't quite think he'd say that(2) quite who said it I don't know(3) Rocky was quite powerful and determined, but he was also crude and not hard to hit.(4) For someone to do it at such a young age is quite extraordinary.(5) Neither of them could ever quite figure out how they had survived growing up with her.(6) Another reviewer described my blog in less warm but still quite pleasing terms.(7) Here the facts are quite complex and quite different from the residential construction cases.(8) It is quite warm outside under the canopy as well, with a very effective heater thoughtfully placed there.(9) it was quite a shock to lose my job(10) are you quite certain about this?(11) this is quite a different problem(12) dresses quite from Port of Spain(13) We all know how dangerous a hot car can be for an animal - the risk of death is quite real.(14) the film is quite funny(15) He is one of the richest characters in the whole of the Wodehouse creation, absolutely rounded and quite without flaw.(16) she did quite well at school
(1) quite well :: kakuhle nje
(2) quite good :: ibuntlana
(3) quite a lot :: Okuninzi kakhulu
(4) not quite :: akunjalo
(5) quite a few :: abambalwanyana
(6) quite a bit :: thule kancinci
(7) be quite :: thula
(8) quite often :: kaninzana
(9) quite big :: kakhulu enkulu
(10) quite different :: ihluke
2. fairly ::
3. rather ::
1. half ::
2. part ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Oh, QUITE all right.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 23
Well, that's QUITE a story
you gave them...
Westworld Season 2, Episode 5
they consider Dr. Park
QUITE the step down.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 5
is not QUITE accurate.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
You are QUITE the talent.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
English to Xhosa Dictionary: quite
Meaning and definitions of quite, translation in Xhosa language for quite with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of quite in Xhosa and in English
Tags for the entry "quite"
What quite means in Xhosa, quite meaning
in Xhosa, quite definition, examples and pronunciation
of quite in Xhosa language.