Verb(1) serve a purpose, role, or function(2) do duty or hold offices; serve in a specific function(3) contribute or conduce to(4) be used by; as of a utility(5) help to some food; help with food or drink(6) provide (usually but not necessarily food(7) devote (part of(8) promote, benefit, or be useful or beneficial to(9) spend time in prison or in a labor camp(10) work for or be a servant to(11) deliver a warrant or summons to someone(12) be sufficient; be adequate, either in quality or quantity(13) do military service(14) mate with(15) put the ball into play
(1) to serve a ball long(2) It points to a post-medical age, where doctors serve desires rather than treat disease.(3) Laser shots and explosions are fairly generic but serve the purpose well.(4) he tossed the ball up to serve(5) They went to the kitchens, and found the kitchen workers ready to serve cookies and drinks on the spot.(6) I will continue to serve this organization with all my energy, wisdom, and passion as I have done in the past.(7) This recipe makes enough to serve four as a main course, more as a side dish.(8) The proposed lake, which has caused some concern locally in case it affects underground water supplies, will serve three purposes.(9) These resisters are arrested, tried, and often sentenced to serve long terms in prison and jail.(10) Everyone fell silent though when the prince raised his racket and ball to serve .(11) councillors are elected to serve the public(12) It does serve his political strategy to stay away from the facts.(13) they serve wine instead of beer(14) Empanelling a grand jury empowers prosecutors both to serve subpoenas, and to gather testimony under oath.(15) They spoke openly about their prognosis when they realised they would have to serve eight months in prison.(16) before long Lodge was the only man in his section able to serve the guns
(1) to serve :: ukuseva
(2) serve as :: abe
(3) first come first serve :: kuqala kuza kuqala ukukhonza
(4) serve up :: ukukhonza up
(5) serve on a jury :: wokukhonza yijaji
(6) serve out :: bakhonza ngaphandle
(7) serve with :: sebenza
(8) soft serve :: soft abakhonza
(9) serve a purpose :: bakhonze injongo
(10) serve time :: ukukhonza ixesha
1. work for ::
2. be of service to ::
3. be a member of ::
6. attend to ::
7. present with ::
8. act as ::
9. suffice ::
10. function ::
11. service ::
12. attend ::
13. do ::
14. serve well ::
15. process ::
16. dish ::
17. help ::
18. service ::
serve, served, serves, serving, servings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Yeah, which I was initially skeptical of until
I saw online that they SERVE Yorkshire pudding.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 3
How may I SERVE?
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
The king called on me
to SERVE him and the realm,
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
But if you let me live,
I will SERVE you well.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
Raj, you don't have to SERVE us.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 18
English to Xhosa Dictionary: serve
Meaning and definitions of serve, translation in Xhosa language for serve with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of serve in Xhosa and in English language.
Tags for the entry "serve"
What serve means in Xhosa, serve meaning in Xhosa, serve definition, examples and pronunciation of serve in Xhosa language.