Noun(1) building material used as siding or roofing(2) frothy drink of milk and flavoring and sometimes fruit or ice cream(3) a note that alternates rapidly with another note a semitone above it(4) grasping and shaking a person's hand (as to acknowledge an introduction or to agree on a contract(5) a reflex motion caused by cold or fear or excitement(6) causing to move repeatedly from side to side
Verb(1) move or cause to move back and forth(2) move with or as if with a tremor(3) shake or vibrate rapidly and intensively(4) move back and forth or sideways(5) undermine or cause to waver(6) stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of(7) get rid of(8) bring to a specified condition by or as if by shaking(9) shake (a body part
(1) Stir in a shake of sesame oil, the sugar, garlic and the chopped mint.(2) An interesting thought, but he couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't quite right.(3) if the bombing cannot shake the government out of its complacency, what will?(4) He gave a single shake of his head and knit his brow.(5) she gave her red curls a vehement shake(6) He was excitedly imbued with overwhelming anticipation, but he couldn't shake the feeling that something would go wrong.(7) He could never shake off his image as a somewhat effete elitist from America's prosperous northeast.(8) Still, she just couldn't shake the feeling that her loyalty will soon be tested to its limits.(9) So what may finally shake the UK stock market out of its rut?(10) I couldn't shake the feeling that everyone was laughing at me(11) he had to shake himself out of his lethargy(12) he was unable to shake off the memories of the trenches(13) Combine and shake all ingredients over ice and strain into a Highball or Collins glass with a sugared rim and filled with ice.(14) After draining them, he would put them back in the pan, add a handful of salt, and give them a shake .(15) I shook my head in disbelief, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I had to do something about my actions, or rather my lack of action.(16) She could hardly hear him through the shake of the earpiece in her hands.
(1) shake hands :: bambani izandla
(2) shake it :: yihlukuhlele
(3) milk shake :: i-milkshake
(4) to shake :: ukuba angcangcazelise
(5) shake off :: uvuthulule
(6) shake well :: shake kakuhle
(7) shake out :: ukuyivuthulula
(8) shake down :: nivuthulule phantsi
(9) shake hand :: shake ngesandla
1. jiggle ::
2. flourish ::
4. milk shake ::
5. handshake ::
6. tremble ::
8. wag ::
9. shingle ::
10. vibrate ::
11. jiggle ::
12. brandish ::
13. upset ::
14. weaken ::
15. agitate ::
16. stimulate ::
17. judder ::
18. sway ::
19. didder ::
20. throw off ::
shake, shakes, shaking
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We can test it internally,
SHAKE out the bugs,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 13
Now thank me and SHAKE my hand.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 8
let's all share a milk SHAKE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 13
Shake it, baby.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 13
Not to cast dispersions, but I can't SHAKE
a stick around here without hitting that.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 8
English to Xhosa Dictionary: shake
Meaning and definitions of shake, translation in Xhosa language for shake with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of shake in Xhosa and in English
Tags for the entry "shake"
What shake means in Xhosa, shake meaning
in Xhosa, shake definition, examples and pronunciation
of shake in Xhosa language.