Noun(1) the physical magnitude of something (how big it is(2) the property resulting from being one of a series of graduated measurements (as of clothing(3) any glutinous material used to fill pores in surfaces or to stiffen fabrics(4) the actual state of affairs(5) a large magnitude
Verb(1) cover or stiffen or glaze a porous material with size or sizing (a glutinous substance(2) sort according to size(3) make to a size; bring to a suitable size
Adjective(1) (used in combination
(1) The craftspeople construct everything in small scale and the houses range in size up to palaces which can cost as much as a full-sized house.(2) they can make them to size(3) what size is it?(4) The collection ranges in size from the miniature to those over five feet in height.(5) Even within the main cultivated species, yams vary to a remarkable extent in size , shape, and colour.(6) Be sure to prime or size any newly applied drywall compound before painting or papering.(7) Three weeks ago he was taken off a ventilator and gradually his trachaetomy tube was reduced in size , until it could be removed completely.(8) The size of the house excluding underground parking is about 4,100 square feet.(9) After 2012, the Olympic stadium would be reduced in size to become a new home for athletics.(10) The size of the pelvic area varies in cows and those with small pelvic areas are more prone to difficulty.(11) She was barefoot, and wearing only a flowered dress which was a size too big for her skinny frame.(12) While presidents often talk of reducing the size of their White House staff, none actually do.(13) I looked over, and for the first time, I noticed that my belly had drastically reduced in size .(14) They can range in size from the huge Wellingtonia tree to ground cover woodland plants.(15) I would have given anything to make the perfect dress in a size 18 appear for her to stop the tears.(16) If eventually, the hedgerow must be reduced in size , this may be done with a circular saw.
(1) font size :: isayizi yefonti
(2) file size :: bobungakanani befayile
(3) actual size :: ubukhulu uqobo
(4) size up :: SIZE up
(5) shoe size :: ubukhulu yezihlangu
(6) grain size :: ubukhulu wokudla
(7) small size :: ubukhulu encane
(8) lot size :: ubukhulu iqashiso
(9) large size :: yobukhulu enkulu
4. magnitude ::
7. area ::
8. expanse ::
9. breadth ::
10. width ::
11. length ::
12. height ::
13. depth ::
14. immensity ::
17. sort ::
18. categorize ::
19. classify ::
size, sized, sizes, sizing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...but have you seen the SIZE
of the Russians they got up there?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 22
No, after my tongue has swollen
to the SIZE of a brisket.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 16
...you'll put them in order of the SIZE
of their contribution to their fields.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 7
Don't let her SIZE fool you.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 4
Wow, look at the SIZE of this basket.
It's got so many goodies in it.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
English to Xhosa Dictionary: size
Meaning and definitions of size, translation in Xhosa language for size with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of size in Xhosa and in English language.
Tags for the entry "size"
What size means in Xhosa, size meaning in Xhosa, size definition, examples and pronunciation of size in Xhosa language.