Noun(1) a fixed look with eyes open wide
Verb(1) look at with fixed eyes(2) fixate one's eyes
(1) For several minutes his eyes stare right through me, as if he were out upon the ocean.(2) Jim returned an icy stare , then looked away, towards the judge who was just now coming in.(3) He had adopted a vacant stare and purposely looked straight ahead as the woman spoke.(4) she gave him a cold stare(5) Her eyes looked deep into mine with a cold stare before she continued to speak.(6) I used to sit and stare at the sky for hours just imagining what was out there.(7) He raised his head slightly, and continued to return my stare .(8) This meant that I had low energy and I tended to sit and stare into space.(9) He returned his cold stare to the carefree couple below and fantasized about his victory.(10) She gazed at him in wonder, and he returned her stare with a look of friendly curiosity.(11) I position his little baby rocker beside the window, and he'll sit and stare quietly at the trees and sky.(12) He finally turned his gaze to her, his glare seeming to stare straight into her soul.(13) William Golding once wrote that you know you're a writer when you sit and stare at a page until your forehead bleeds.(14) Grace just returned his stare , and Roger put a hand to his forehead in frustration.(15) His eyes stare dully from a pinched little face etched with pain and suffering.(16) I had to sit down and stare at the beach towel display in the window of House of Fraser for ten minutes until my composure was restored.
(1) stare at :: bemangele
(2) stare down :: nyaka phantsi
(3) stare decisis :: zibukele decisis
(4) stare back :: nyaka emva
(5) stare out :: nyaka ngaphandle
(6) stare blankly :: zibukele blankly
1. gaze ::
2. gape ::
3. goggle ::
4. glare ::
5. ogle ::
6. peer ::
7. gawk ::
8. rubberneck ::
stare, stared, stares, staring
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
They don't care for it
if you STARE at them and hyperventilate.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
It is not sexy to STARE at my ass
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 12
and STARE at a baby that isn't his?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 21
So we just sit and STARE at the screen,
waiting for something to happen?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
You can STARE at your board all day,
she's still going to be right.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 5
English to Xhosa Dictionary: stare
Meaning and definitions of stare, translation in Xhosa language for stare with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of stare in Xhosa and in English language.
Tags for the entry "stare"
What stare means in Xhosa, stare meaning in Xhosa, stare definition, examples and pronunciation of stare in Xhosa language.