- uhlalestacywahlalastayeruhlala phi
Noun(1) continuing or remaining in a place or state(2) the state of inactivity following an interruption(3) a judicial order forbidding some action until an event occurs or the order is lifted(4) a thin strip of metal or bone that is used to stiffen a garment (e.g. a corset(5) (nautical
Verb(1) stay the same; remain in a certain state(2) stay put (in a certain place(3) dwell(4) continue in a place, position, or situation(5) remain behind(6) stop or halt(7) stay behind(8) hang on during a trial of endurance(9) stop a judicial process(10) fasten with stays(11) overcome or allay
(1) we'll stay here until Tuesday(2) the phonelines will stay open(3) In the mid 1980s she came home early from the annual royal stay in Scotland.(4) they're on a weekend stay in Paris(5) it'll help you stay healthy(6) Does the English Court have Jurisdiction to stay the Part 20 Proceedings?(7) the minimum stay is two nights(8) it was a brief stay(9) It's not the first time the whale has checked out the gates during his stay .(10) Edward was scheduled to sit another of his exams on Monday and had decided to stay at home on Sunday to study.(11) What can any of us do to help our kids stay healthy?(12) According to Edward's family, he had long reformed and had managed to stay out of trouble.(13) stay safe(14) Anni was supposed to have been with him in the car that day but she decided to stay home with their two young children.(15) Several of the passengers decided to stay in that city and refused to go on to Little Rock.(16) If Hernan decides to stay , I don't want him coming to me later and saying he wants to go.
(1) to stay :: ukuhlala
(2) stay up :: Hlala uvukile
(3) stay away :: yibakude
(4) stay tuned :: hla umamele
(5) stay up late :: Hlala kude kubesebusuku
(6) stay here :: Hlala apha
(7) stay alive :: hala uphila
(8) stay out :: Hlala ngaphandle
(9) stay in touch :: hala undiqhwetha
1. visit ::
3. strut ::
4. hitch ::
7. visit ::
8. postpone ::
9. delay ::
10. brace ::
11. stay on ::
12. appease ::
13. ride out ::
14. remain ::
15. detain ::
16. bide ::
17. stick around ::
stacy, stay, stayed, stayer, stayers, staying, stays
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
won't STAY in Meereen forever.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 4
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
You STAY back!
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
Stay in formation.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
Stay out of my territory.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 10
English to Xhosa Dictionary: stay
Meaning and definitions of stay, translation in Xhosa language for stay with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of stay in Xhosa and in English
Tags for the entry "stay"
What stay means in Xhosa, stay meaning
in Xhosa, stay definition, examples and pronunciation
of stay in Xhosa language.