Adjective(1) of a quantity that can fulfill a need or requirement but without being abundant
(1) The traders must be making a sufficient income because they come back again to sell.(2) Jam and fudge will be available during the interval and a quiz will be held if there is sufficient time.(3) Falkirk were again pinned down but seemed to have sufficient bodies back behind the ball.(4) If it can do all that in sufficient numbers, it might be enough to start spooking its rivals.(5) It can be seen by the public and that is sufficient for its owner to escape tax.(6) These were necessary but not sufficient conditions for the end of the old regime.(7) That experience was sufficient to prove to me that handling these big schemes is no easy matter.(8) I could see that at this rate the five we'd brought were not going to be sufficient .(9) He took what action he could to avoid the car but it wasn't sufficient to stop the accident.(10) For Susan a single treatment was sufficient for a breakthrough in her health due to her youth.(11) I find that two minutes on a high setting is sufficient to provide comforting warmth.(12) Even my basic Spanish was sufficient to understand that this was a flamenco school.(13) This does not seem to be sufficient to warrant a conclusion that one is more readable than the other.(14) If there had been no book then the movie would not have been sufficient to carry the story into legend.(15) The institute confirmed that the sums given for house and contents were sufficient .(16) This would not happen if we had sufficient staff and resources to do our job properly.
(1) self-sufficient :: self-anele
(2) not sufficient :: esaneleyo
(3) be sufficient :: kwanele
(4) sufficient condition :: isimo eyanele
(5) all-sufficient :: wonke-anele
(6) sufficient economy :: uqoqosho eyanele
1. enough ::
2. plenty of ::
3. ample ::
4. adequate ::
5. satisfactory ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You two. Three of you
ought to be SUFFICIENT
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
- Her accommodations seem SUFFICIENT.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
The correct answer is, "When covered by
liquid SUFFICIENT to reduce the coefficient...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 5
Will that be SUFFICIENT to repair your walls?
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
...is SUFFICIENT for each person,
as it doubles in volume when cooked.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
English to Xhosa Dictionary: sufficient
Meaning and definitions of sufficient, translation in Xhosa language for sufficient with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of sufficient in Xhosa and in English language.
Tags for the entry "sufficient"
What sufficient means in Xhosa, sufficient meaning in Xhosa, sufficient definition, examples and pronunciation of sufficient in Xhosa language.