Noun(1) a set of data arranged in rows and columns(2) a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs(3) a piece of furniture with tableware for a meal laid out on it(4) flat tableland with steep edges(5) a company of people assembled at a table for a meal or game(6) food or meals in general
Verb(1) hold back to a later time(2) arrange or enter in tabular form
(1) There are a few factors that may be compelling India to talk about bringing the Kashmir issue to the table earlier rather than later.(2) He said the only way to deal with serious issues was to sit around the table and negotiate.(3) Let's just hope that he's not sitting round the table for the negotiations about the forthcoming strike.(4) None sitting around the table have left the union as a result of the dispute and they can think of only a handful who have.(5) For a detailed summary of the evidence on each herb, see the accompanying table on page 1840.(6) Both sides are to return to the table next week to resolve a number of outstanding peripheral issues.(7) the whole table was in gales of laughter(8) This chart shows the relationships in the rightmost column of the previous table .(9) Meath are back at the top of the table(10) he rang the restaurant to book a table for lunch(11) pool table(12) the negotiating table(13) Bring your issues to the table so we can ail work on them together, presenting a united front.(14) Finally reaching an empty table by the window, she sat down hastily.(15) We should either launch a military attack or else go to the table and negotiate.(16) your dinner is on the table
(1) coffee table :: itafile yekofu
(2) set the table :: Misela itafile
(3) table tennis :: itafile yethenini
(4) on the table :: kwitafile
(5) table of contents :: isiqulatho
(6) bedside table :: itafile esecaleni kwebhedi
(7) dressing table :: itafile enxityiswayo
(8) night table :: itafile yobusuku
(9) table lamp :: itheyibhile isibane
(10) dining table :: itafile yesidlo sangokuhlwa
1. stand ::
2. meal ::
3. chart ::
4. mesa ::
5. board ::
6. postpone ::
7. tabulate ::
8. remit ::
table, tabled, tables, tableware, tabling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Maybe we should sit
at the TABLE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 18
♪ The Big Bang Theory 7x16 ♪
The Table Polarization
Original Air Date on February 27, 2014
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 16
You are the menace of TABLE tennis.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
that I would have loved dearly
to leave on top of this TABLE.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 16
All these bright people
sitting around a TABLE by candlelight...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 18
English to Xhosa Dictionary: table
Meaning and definitions of table, translation in Xhosa language for table with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of table in Xhosa and in English language.
Tags for the entry "table"
What table means in Xhosa, table meaning in Xhosa, table definition, examples and pronunciation of table in Xhosa language.