Noun(1) the upper part of anything(2) the highest or uppermost side of anything(3) the top or extreme point of something (usually a mountain or hill(4) the first half of an inning; while the visiting team is at bat(5) the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development(6) the greatest possible intensity(7) platform surrounding the head of a lower mast(8) a conical child's plaything tapering to a steel point on which it can be made to spin(9) covering for a hole (especially a hole in the top of a container(10) a garment (especially for women(11) a canvas tent to house the audience at a circus performance
Verb(1) be superior or better than some standard(2) pass by, over, or under without making contact(3) be at the top of or constitute the top or highest point(4) be ahead of others; be the first(5) provide with a top or finish the top (of a structure(6) reach or ascend the top of(7) strike (the top part of a ball in golf, baseball, or pool(8) cut the top off(9) be the culminating event(10) finish up or conclude
Adjective(1) situated at the top or highest position
(1) The landlord, Mick, is always coming up with wacky ideas so we thought we would top him for a change.(2) Bedi spun it like a top , the ball occasionally taking a divot out of the wet mud that passed for a wicket.(3) Drax picked up a couple of bowling points at Westow before the rains came and they now enjoy a healthy lead at the top of Division Two.(4) Early release is being re-examined by the Executive as a top priority.(5) it's on the top floor(6) Leaders York head to Barnsley, who are having a moderate season, with a chance of increasing their lead at the top .(7) The two policemen positioned themselves at the top of an escalator, drew their batons and shouted at the fans to get back.(8) it fell off the top shelf(9) he sits on top of the leaderboard(10) It shows you how to use the bass, mid and top when mixing.(11) Use the remaining fruit to top salads and sorbets or to whip up blended ice drinks.(12) he's a top guy(13) Even worse, because it is a wide pavement they will use this and drive straight up to the top of the road irrespective of pedestrians.(14) Above is another fifty feet of climbing, as the shrouds (ropes) which are attached to the top narrow down to the point where there is no longer room for your foot unless you turn it sideways.(15) She has come a long way since winning her first British title at the age of 11 and is now ranked among the top eight in the country.(16) A senior official of a top company said IT firms were ready to face any situation.
(1) on top :: ngaphezulu
(2) on top of :: ngaphezu kwe
(3) top secret :: imfihlo eziphezulu
(4) at the top :: ngaphezulu
(5) top up :: Gcwalisa
(6) top speed :: isantya esiphezulu
(7) to the top :: ukuya phezulu
(8) on the top :: kwi phezulu
(9) top hat :: umnwazi ongaphezulu
2. foremost ::
3. upper ::
4. prime ::
5. maximum ::
6. summit ::
7. upper part ::
8. leaves ::
9. lid ::
10. shirt ::
11. high point ::
12. cover ::
13. big top ::
14. pinnacle ::
15. teetotum ::
16. upper side ::
17. crest ::
18. exceed ::
19. lead ::
20. cover ::
21. pinch ::
22. clear ::
23. crown ::
24. overstep ::
25. top out ::
26. top off ::
top, topee, topees, topless
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Okay, as I put the egg on TOP...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 22
a list of the TOP five lactation
consultants in Los Angeles.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 20
At the TOP of a tree.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 7
Um... Top one, yes.
I didn't check the one on the bottom.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 3
You're at the TOP of your field,
you have a great girlfriend.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 9
English to Xhosa Dictionary: top
Meaning and definitions of top, translation in Xhosa language for top with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of top in Xhosa and in English
Tags for the entry "top"
What top means in Xhosa, top meaning
in Xhosa, top definition, examples and pronunciation
of top in Xhosa language.