Verb(1) have a certain weight(2) show consideration for; take into account(3) determine the weight of(4) have weight; have import, carry weight(5) to be oppressive or burdensome
(1) I shall in future weigh , not guess, quantities of rice and pasta.(2) Maybe I can weigh another 13 pounds less by this coming July.(3) We finally find a larger scale to weigh the crop.(4) they need to weigh benefit against risk(5) Clearly, the principle of freedom doesn't weigh heavily in his decision making.(6) Although the agency didn't ban these drugs, they did say doctors should weigh the benefits against risks for individual patients.(7) Decisions we make today will surely weigh heavily on the shape of the world we eventually leave.(8) They are heavy weapons made of steel and weigh a lot.(9) What you have to do is weigh the costs against the benefits.(10) As always, try to understand the relevant protocols and weigh the risks against the benefits.(11) Challenges to official director slates will likely be rare, but the mere threat of them could weigh heavily on management decisions.(12) Scales to weigh the bags were part of the mills' equipment.(13) He said he used the scales to weigh drugs before buying them.(14) The Australian gold rush of the 1850s generated a huge demand for accurate scales to weigh precious metals and guns to protect the gold bullion.(15) The jury should infer that the applicant had used the scales in order to weigh the drugs before supplying them.(16) Michael, who was so large his GP's scales could not weigh him, has lost almost 20 inches from his waist - and he's still shrinking.
(1) to weigh :: ukuba bahlaziye
(2) weigh up :: uzihlaziye up
(3) weigh down :: ayisisindi
(4) weigh in :: uyicele
(5) weigh out :: balinganise
(6) weigh scale :: uzihlaziye isikali
(7) weigh on :: se
(8) weigh anchor :: uzihlaziye iankile
1. measure the weight of ::
2. have a weight of ::
3. oppress ::
4. consider ::
5. balance ::
6. press ::
7. librate ::
8. matter ::
9. count ::
weigh, weighed, weighing, weighs
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
That's what I WEIGH.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 2
that I currently WEIGH 165 pounds...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 1
Or, "How much does your mom WEIGH?
I wanna know what I'm getting into."
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
Give it a second WEIGH,
if you would, please.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
English to Xhosa Dictionary: weigh
Meaning and definitions of weigh, translation in Xhosa language for weigh with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of weigh in Xhosa and in English language.
Tags for the entry "weigh"
What weigh means in Xhosa, weigh meaning in Xhosa, weigh definition, examples and pronunciation of weigh in Xhosa language.