Noun(1) a general officer of the highest rank(2) the head of a religious order or congregation(3) a fact about the whole (as opposed to particular
Verb(1) command as a general
Adjective(1) applying to all or most members of a category or group(2) not specialized or limited to one class of things(3) prevailing among and common to the general public(4) affecting the entire body(5) somewhat indefinite(6) of worldwide scope or applicability
(1) As a general principle, the true owner of the cheque is the last person to whom the instrument has been validly transferred.(2) Like sonata form it is not a rigid formula, and therefore the scheme illustrated can be taken as only a rough guide to its general features.(3) The evidence suggests that such interventions have limited utility in the general population.(4) That is a matter for the general manager and the chief executive of the Department of Labour.(5) Chapter 2 deals with Federal regulation of medications in broad and general terms.(6) However, we shall consider a few general questions, and then we shall set up the scientific goal which vivisection has in view.(7) There are advice-based features on finding jobs as well as more general features on work-related ethics, law and issues.(8) general headquarters(9) it's not clear but you get the general idea(10) as a general rule, that's what happens(11) Re-reading what I wrote it seems to be that it all boils down to a general lack of concern for the comfort of second-class passengers.(12) These deal with how EU policies should be implemented, and with a range of general provisions for treaties.(13) Rather than answer it, we should look at some of the general features of this revolution.(14) By comparison, half of the teams in the majors have changed general managers in the past three years.(15) The major work of the general managers is pretty much done by this point in the spring.(16) In contrast, general rules treat two individuals in like circumstances in the same fashion.
(1) in general :: nje
(2) general manager :: umlawuli jikelele
(3) general ledger :: ileja yajikelele
(4) general information :: Iinkcukacha zajikelele
(5) general purpose :: iinjongo jikelele
(6) general practitioner :: umsebenzi jikelele
(7) general public :: umphakathi jikelele
(8) general knowledge :: ulwazi jikelele
(9) attorney general :: ummeli jikelele
(10) general management :: ulawulo jikelele
1. widespread ::
2. comprehensive ::
3. miscellaneous ::
4. usual ::
5. broad ::
6. cosmopolitan ::
1. individual ::
2. particular ::
general, generalist, generalists, generals, generalship
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...in the interrelated fields of promiscuity
and GENERAL sluttiness.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 3
Upset in GENERAL?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 2
A GENERAL you can't negotiate with,
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
I don't see me
as some four-star GENERAL,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 1
Sixth-century Chinese GENERAL.
Wrote The Art of War.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
English to Xhosa Dictionary: general
Meaning and definitions of general, translation in Xhosa language for general with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of general in Xhosa and in English
Tags for the entry "general"
What general means in Xhosa, general meaning
in Xhosa, general definition, examples and pronunciation
of general in Xhosa language.