Noun(1) all the people living at the same time or of approximately the same age(2) group of genetically related organisms constituting a single step in the line of descent(3) the normal time between successive generations(4) a stage of technological development or innovation(5) a coming into being(6) the production of heat or electricity(7) the act of producing offspring or multiplying by such production
(1) This is a film about a generation that was growing up during wartime, a period of deterioration of all moral, social and economic values.(2) the new generation of computers(3) He himself feels this comes from a generation back when members of both sides of his family were blacksmiths.(4) It's a journeyman actor's CV, not the kind that, in our fantasies, we would fashion for one of the greatest actors of a generation .(5) methods of electricity generation(6) the generation of wealth(7) ├ö├ç├┐It makes absolutely no sense to burn coal for electricity generation ,├ö├ç├û he said.(8) Over the next five years, the government will develop a new generation of modern community hospitals.(9) Not only are policemen getting younger, but people are living longer - ten years more on average than a generation ago.(10) The main example I chose was the use of nuclear power for electricity generation .(11) As a gifted mimic and notorious perfectionist, she would later become the most respected female actor of her generation .(12) the generation of power(13) Patents are meant to reward the inventors but also to promote progress through the generation of useful new products.(14) electricity generation(15) Oil was in turn followed by gas, increasingly used for electricity generation , which brought power and light to households throughout the world.(16) All are capable of intensifying oxyradical generation in vivo and depleting tissue antioxidant stores.
(1) generation gap :: isithuba sesizukulwane
(2) next generation :: esizukulwaneni
(3) younger generation :: isizukulwana esitsha
(4) second generation :: second
(5) first generation :: isizukulwane sokuqala
(6) young generation :: ulutsha
(7) future generation :: isizukulwana esizayo
(8) last generation :: isizukulwane wokugcina
1. age ::
3. crop ::
4. creation ::
6. multiplication ::
7. genesis ::
generation, generational, generations
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
to a GENERATION of young women.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 19
It's true. A GENERATION of young scientists
are standing on your shoulders.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 22
...a.k.a. Ensign Wesley Crusher
on Star Trek: The Next Generation...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 5
Thousands of years ago there came a night
that lasted a GENERATION.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
maybe twice in a GENERATION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 6
English to Xhosa Dictionary: generation
Meaning and definitions of generation, translation in Xhosa language for generation with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of generation in Xhosa and in English
Tags for the entry "generation"
What generation means in Xhosa, generation meaning
in Xhosa, generation definition, examples and pronunciation
of generation in Xhosa language.