Adjective(1) wanting in physical strength(2) overly diluted; thin and insipid(3) (used of vowels or syllables(4) wanting in moral strength, courage, or will; having the attributes of man as opposed to e.g. divine beings(5) tending downward in price(6) deficient or lacking in some skill(7) lacking bodily or muscular strength or vitality(8) (used of verbs, or regular(9) not having authority, political strength, or governing power(10) deficient in magnitude; barely perceptible; lacking clarity or brightness or loudness etc(11) likely to fail under stress or pressure(12) deficient in intelligence or mental power
(1) Amber couldn't help the faint blush, or the weak smile, as she nodded.(2) While the plot is pretty weak , it doesn't hurt the game too much.(3) To its great shame, the United States has a pathetically weak labor law which makes it easy for employers to harass and punish workers who try to organize unions.(4) But the overall verdict, delivered in the first police performance monitors published as part of a drive to tackle weak forces, is upbeat.(5) According to them, the bank's position was too weak to intervene because of its thin foreign exchange reserves.(6) Just when treatment was beginning take effect, the arrival of a female zebra at the zoo caused him to run around in excitement, causing grave damage to his already weak hoof.(7) He looked like a natural for comedy with his weak chin, receding hairline and a nose that looked as if someone had recently slammed a car door on it.(8) Our waitress's command of English was weak , almost non-existent in fact, and our food arrived at strange intervals.(9) ├ö├ç├┐Sterling has been weak and you would expect that to continue,├ö├ç├û he said.(10) He is a man of strong convictions and weak commitments.(11) The deliberate assault on the weak is not the spirit of Socialism but of Fascism.(12) That said, the coach admits that the team does have weak areas that need to be addressed, such as someone who consistently puts the puck in the net.(13) Mr. Erickson-Moore stood behind me and wrenched the leaf-pole from my weak grip, breaking it in half over his knee as though it were a mere twig.(14) Of course, I had no power and I was very weak physically, so I felt very helpless and exposed.(15) In fact, scientists could and did show that gravity was too weak a force to account for the movement of continents.(16) Their coach comes across as weak , making decisions to cater for the fading hero rather than the good of the team.
(1) weak point :: indawo amandla
(2) very weak :: buthathaka kakhulu
(3) weak spot :: indawo amandla
(4) the weak :: ababuthakathaka
(5) weak heart :: senhliziyo
(6) extremely weak :: buthathaka kakhulu
(7) feel weak :: ndiba buthathaka
(8) weak-minded :: ababuthakathaka-nye
(9) weak acid :: asidi
(10) weak-kneed :: ababuthakathaka-kneed
1. frail ::
2. inadequate ::
3. unconvincing ::
4. spineless ::
5. dim ::
6. indistinct ::
7. watery ::
8. unenthusiastic ::
9. imperfect ::
10. washy ::
12. faint ::
13. unaccented ::
1. mighty ::
2. powerful ::
3. rugged ::
4. stalwart ::
5. stout ::
6. strong ::
weak, weaken, weakened, weakening, weakens, weaker, weakest, weakling, weaklings, weakly, weakness, weaknesses
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And WEAK men will never rule Dorne again.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 1
If I hadn't killed them,
the Northerners would think me WEAK.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
I think they might. They're WEAK.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
Your desperate need for friendship
makes you WEAK.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 2
He's WEAK. He can't protect himself.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
English to Xhosa Dictionary: weak
Meaning and definitions of weak, translation in Xhosa language for weak with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of weak in Xhosa and in English language.
Tags for the entry "weak"
What weak means in Xhosa, weak meaning in Xhosa, weak definition, examples and pronunciation of weak in Xhosa language.