Adjective(1) not of long duration; having just (or relatively recently(2) original and of a kind not seen before(3) lacking training or experience(4) having no previous example or precedent or parallel(5) other than the former one(s(6) unaffected by use or exposure(7) in use after medieval times(8) used of a living language; being the current stage in its development(9) (of crops(10) (often followed by `to'
Adverb(1) very recently
(1) On the day Shesh packed his bags and kissed his mom goodbye, he felt like a whole new person.(2) Finding the key to making this foam would be like discovering a new planet.(3) Life after cricket will involve working in corporate PR and new business at Surrey.(4) a new planet(5) Serve with buttered, boiled new potatoes, using the remainder of the mint as a garnish for the lamb.(6) Children would also be allowed to take toys away with them when they make a fresh start in a new home.(7) My father ended up with my brother, sister Fifi and the impending new addition.(8) The new year has brought some dramatic changes at the loch with the addition of three new fisheries.(9) They make it possible to introduce millions of new numbers over the coming years.(10) The company is also introducing new innovations to members to retain their loyalty.(11) Very new Modern art has become a little too cool and popular for its own good, he admits.(12) His actions make no sense especially in the week when a new range of highly advanced robots is unleashed.(13) Indeed, this week, we might well be standing on the threshold of a new era of violence.(14) The poor old thing was purchased new , and now has a rather worn binding and some book tape holding it together.(15) He saw his new flat as a fresh start but if it came to that, he would accept the decision of the court.(16) So is it now time to sit back and watch the arrival of a new phase in the industry?
(1) new moon :: Inyanga entsha
(2) new life :: ubomi obutsha
(3) new look :: imbonakalo entsha
(4) new deal :: deal entsha
(5) something new :: into entsha
(6) brave new world :: kwihlabathi elitsha nesibindi
(7) new job :: umsebenzi entsha
(8) new car :: imoto entsha
(9) new style :: indlela entsha
1. recently developed ::
eziphuhliswe kutsha nje
2. novel ::
3. unused ::
4. different ::
5. additional ::
7. newfangled ::
8. young ::
9. unexampled ::
10. raw ::
11. fresh ::
12. modern ::
13. newly ::
1. original ::
new, newer, newest, newly, newness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
All right. Uh, what's NEW with you?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 15
and lead them
to a NEW world.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 8
She and I were supposed to watch
the NEW Avengers movie tonight.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 24
l'm still pretty NEW at this.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
Leonard was just
showing me his NEW lab.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 22
English to Xhosa Dictionary: new
Meaning and definitions of new, translation in Xhosa
language for new with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of new in Xhosa and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'new'
What new means in Xhosa, new meaning
in Xhosa, new
definition, examples and pronunciation
of new in Xhosa language.