Noun(1) the irregular motion of waves (usually caused by wind blowing in a direction opposite to the tide(2) a small cut of meat including part of a rib(3) a jaw(4) a tennis return made with a downward motion that puts backspin on the ball(5) a grounder that bounces high in the air
Verb(1) cut into pieces(2) move suddenly(3) form or shape by chopping(4) strike sharply, as in some sports(5) cut with a hacking tool(6) hit sharply
(1) Some are more suited to the heavy chop of open water.(2) At the same time it also announced plans to chop 3,000 jobs in a bid to reduce costs.(3) He landed a fist to her chin and she countered with a chop to his neck.(4) To adjust price back to green chop , account for losses during storage.(5) Once a week, sometimes twice, without any apparent reason, the wind changes to the west in the Gulf, and brings western waves during the afternoon that cause a small chop but no roll.(6) we started our run into a two-foot chop(7) With one arm out, the hapless soldier was quickly disarmed, then dispatched by a chop across his neck as he turned to run.(8) Bowling closer to the batsman's body may have seen an intended cut fly to slip or chop the ball onto the stumps, but it was not to be, and the English attack was accordingly flayed.(9) If you don't want to crunch through large, raw pieces of onion in your burger, finely chop the onions, or mince them in a food processor, before adding to the meat.(10) At least 30 peer-reviewed studies from grain, silage and green chop were analyzed.(11) Halve the red chillies, scrape out the seeds with the point of a knife then chop the flesh finely.(12) After that, take them out and leave them to soften slightly for 15 to 20 minutes, then peel them with a sharp knife and chop them into chunks.(13) A sharp knife is not required to chop the story to pieces; a dull two-by-four will suffice.(14) A chop strikes home, straight to the skull, a head is bloodied.(15) Then she made two quick movements - first a quick, but effective chop to Bobby's neck, then a retrieval of the gun.(16) Other Sunset Specials include egg and bacon quiche, steak sandwich, pork chop with a choice of mushroom or peppercorn sauces and even a chicken curry Madras.
(1) pork chop :: ipisi senyaman yehagu
(2) chop down :: ukusika
(3) chop up :: sicande up
(4) chop off :: ndiyinqumle
(5) lamb chop :: imvu chopha
(6) chop suey :: chuba isuey
(7) chop wood :: sicande iinkuni
(8) chop shop :: shop chopha
(9) karate chop :: karate chopha
(10) mutton chop :: yemvu chopha
1. chopper ::
3. chop up ::
4. sever ::
5. cut down ::
6. cut ::
7. hack ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You can't pry it or CHOP it or melt it.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
Because I'd kill my rabbi with a pork CHOP
to be with your sister.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 14
I'll CHOP off one hand.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
And then CHOP off his cock.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 6
English to Xhosa Dictionary: chop
Meaning and definitions of chop, translation in Xhosa language for chop with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of chop in Xhosa and in English language.
Tags for the entry "chop"
What chop means in Xhosa, chop meaning in Xhosa, chop definition, examples and pronunciation of chop in Xhosa language.