Noun(1) lack of respect accompanied by a feeling of intense dislike(2) contemptuous disregard
(1) She had a short dark hair cut framing a face that remained impish despite her age.(2) the despite done by him to the holy relics(3) the theater only earns my despite(4) he played well, despite being injured(5) Yet, despite the upheavals of the modern age, they bring the book to a close on an optimistic note.(6) Hence, very few workers will be affected by this decision, despite all the media publicity!(7) A court was told that despite his age the boy admitted stealing cash to pay for his drug habit.(8) he remains a great leader despite age and infirmity(9) We waited for more than half an hour to be seated despite having made a reservation far in advance.(10) He's certainly going to try, despite the escalating violence that threatens to engulf him.(11) Well, I did go out on New Year's Eve after all, despite having a horrible headache.(12) Yet the hype shows little sign of abating, despite the slowdown affecting capital markets.(13) Somehow, any mention of this film passed me by, despite its critical acclaim.(14) the weather held out, despite some dark clouds(15) He'd been turned away from the bar on suspicion of being under age despite being 28.(16) However, despite these examinations a fracture in his foot allegedly went undetected.
(1) despite of :: ngaphandle kwe
(2) despite the fact that :: nakubeni
(3) despite everything :: nakuba yonke into
(4) despite all :: naphezu kwayo yonke
(5) in despite of :: ku ecukuceza
1. disdain ::
2. contempt ::
3. scorn ::
4. in spite of ::
5. notwithstanding ::
6. regardless of ::
7. in the face of ::
8. for all ::
9. even with ::
1. admiration ::
2. esteem ::
3. estimation ::
4. favor ::
5. regard ::
6. respect ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
"Despite his great performance,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
And until recently, I had no idea
that DESPITE his lactose intolerance...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 17
Despite my deep love of chess,
lasers and aerosol disinfectant...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 18
Despite being the ambassador’s daughter,
you’re a bit rebellious, aren’t you?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
Despite recent events,
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 7
English to Xhosa Dictionary: despite
Meaning and definitions of despite, translation in Xhosa language for despite with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of despite in Xhosa and in English
Tags for the entry "despite"
What despite means in Xhosa, despite meaning
in Xhosa, despite definition, examples and pronunciation
of despite in Xhosa language.