Noun(1) the state of affairs that a plan is intended to achieve and that (when achieved(2) the place designated as the end (as of a race or journey(3) game equipment consisting of the place toward which players of a game try to advance a ball or puck in order to score points(4) a successful attempt at scoring
(1) On eight minutes John Smithers flicked the ball on for David Dowling, to score the opening goal .(2) Usually, basketball is played on a rectangular court with a basketball goal at either end.(3) To fulfill a desire is really the reason people live; we go about our days in the hopes that we can achieve a particular goal .(4) The most evident of these is the newly designed entrance, whose metal frame resembles a football goal .(5) The competitors are allotted a start time and it is a race to the goal .(6) A lopsided basketball goal was a good ten yards away from the person who Lazarus recognized as Sam.(7) Sensing that the end of the cave was within our grasp we pushed on towards our goal of the East Canal.(8) The sections of netting are connected to the vertically mounted poles or to the basketball goal .(9) They did score the opening goal of the game after ten minutes of play in the first half.(10) I hope the committee achieves it goal and the effort is carried out by successive governments.(11) The desired goal can be achieved speedily and surely only if a decentralised approach to implementation is adopted.(12) the aircraft bumped toward our goal some 400 miles to the west(13) Most probably, I think, it would be good for each and every person to cherish a desire to achieve his goal in life.(14) the decisive opening goal(15) Yet the total lifestyle upheaval needed to achieve such an ambitious goal is as realistic for most homeowners as flying pigs.(16) When there is a definite goal , effort to achieve it becomes fun or enjoyment.
(1) score a goal :: amanqaku ngokuqabelisa
(2) ultimate goal :: injongo esemqoka
(3) goal kick :: injongo kwetrayi
(4) field goal :: injongo endle
(5) goal post :: kwepali
(6) own goal :: wokukora
(7) goal line :: umgca wokukora
(8) score goal :: injongo score
(9) achieve a goal :: ukuphumeza injongo
(10) goal congruence :: ngokuhambelana injongo
1. objective ::
2. end ::
3. finish ::
goal, goalless, goals
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I just met my exercise
GOAL for the day.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 18
Excuse me, but was this not your GOAL?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 18
The GOAL you've worked towards
your entire life.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
let one of their cheerleaders
try to kick a field GOAL.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 10
The GOAL is to bring customers in,
not scare them away, so...
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 5
English to Xhosa Dictionary: goal
Meaning and definitions of goal, translation in Xhosa language for goal with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of goal in Xhosa and in English language.
Tags for the entry "goal"
What goal means in Xhosa, goal meaning in Xhosa, goal definition, examples and pronunciation of goal in Xhosa language.