Noun(1) green color or pigment; resembling the color of growing grass(2) a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area(3) United States labor leader who was president of the American Federation of Labor from 1924 to 1952 and who led the struggle with the Congress of Industrial Organizations (1873-1952(4) an environmentalist who belongs to the Green Party(5) a river that rises in western Wyoming and flows southward through Utah to become a tributary of the Colorado River(6) an area of closely cropped grass surrounding the hole on a golf course(7) any of various leafy plants or their leaves and stems eaten as vegetables(8) street names for ketamine
Verb(1) turn or become green
Adjective(1) of the color between blue and yellow in the color spectrum; similar to the color of fresh grass(2) concerned with or supporting or in conformity with the political principles of the Green Party(3) not fully developed or mature; not ripe(4) looking pale and unhealthy(5) naive and easily deceived or tricked
(1) Well, I just look up at my team-mates and they're all dressed up in green and gold.(2) Salford City Council now wants residents to go green and help the environment.(3) Environmental groups are puzzled and annoyed that, despite high-profile campaigns to get Canadians to green their consumption habits, the federal government is considering easing the burden on heavy industry.(4) Jake tapped his fingers impatiently on the steering wheel while he waited for a red light to turn green .(5) A girl in the back bolted up, looking mildly green around the edges.(6) The last three matches were decided on the final green , truly making it a splendid competition!(7) The mayor was doing a great job of responding to President Thabo Mbeki's mandate to green the townships, she added.(8) The big final was a typically full-blooded affair, with a complete restart being called as the cars piled into each other before the green flag fell.(9) As far as I could see, a dark green sea of untouched forest rolled out to the whole encircling horizon.(10) Mr Hulme has been an outspoken protester against the plan for the wind farm, which developers say will provide green power for thousands of homes.(11) Cars accelerate from the stop lights and just manage a gear change if the following ones are green at the other end of our block.(12) light green(13) Among vegetables, those most closely related to lowering the risk of heart disease were green , leafy vegetables.(14) the plant turned green(15) They probably went a little green around the gills and puked a bit.(16) If the government gave a tax break to green fuels, the price would go down.
(1) green beans :: iimbotyi eziluhlaza
(2) green bean :: selwyn eluhlaza
(3) green pepper :: ipelepele eluhlaza
(4) green tea :: iti eluhlaza
(5) green eyes :: amahle oluhlaza
(6) green light :: ukukhanya okuluhlaza
(7) green salad :: isaladi eluhlaza
(8) green card :: card green
1. viridescent ::
2. verdant ::
5. unripe ::
6. unseasoned ::
8. pale ::
9. gullible ::
10. dark-green ::
11. foliage ::
12. park ::
14. environmentalist ::
15. jet ::
18. putting green ::
1. barren ::
green, greened, greener, greenest, greening, greenly, greenness, greens
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 14
Last GREEN thing I saw you eat
was a skittle.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 8
The Stark boy appears
to be less GREEN than we'd hoped.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 10
Hey, Sheldon, the new Green Lantern
figurine's coming in tomorrow.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 5
...or Green Goblin, Matt Murdock,
Pepper Potts, Victor von Doom.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 16
English to Xhosa Dictionary: green
Meaning and definitions of green, translation in Xhosa language for green with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of green in Xhosa and in English
Tags for the entry "green"
What green means in Xhosa, green meaning
in Xhosa, green definition, examples and pronunciation
of green in Xhosa language.