Noun(1) a message that tells the particulars of an act or occurrence or course of events; presented in writing or drama or cinema or as a radio or television program(2) a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events(3) a structure consisting of a room or set of rooms at a single position along a vertical scale(4) a record or narrative description of past events(5) a short account of the news(6) a trivial lie
(1) There are several coincidences in the story at present that hold it together flimsily.(2) I didn't try and listen or believe your side of the story even when you tried to tell me.(3) Ask any tube driver from any line and they will tell the same story .(4) But it could have been a different story had the home side taken advantage of the chances which fell their way.(5) having such information is useful, but it is not the whole story(6) So we sat down next to some guy who, in very slurred speech, started to tell us his life story .(7) Characters do tend to drop by the wayside as in a life story , and it doesn't contain a novel's narrative.(8) When they win it's a different story altogether; they're everywhere, like a bad rash.(9) Now, the fascinating story of the woman behind the pictures has begun to emerge.(10) They had been expecting him to make an announcement about his new film, which will centre on his life story .(11) Like me, it is a bit wrinkled and frayed at the edges but it recalls a moment of history in the life story of Britain's railway industry.(12) He said that he met the warrant officer outside the police station and told him the whole story .(13) I am supposed to move the story along and provide comic relief or cynicism wherever I can.(14) United kept on trying but it was the same old story ├ö├ç├Âno luck(15) All the women tell the same story of poverty and the need to provide for their families.(16) It might have been a different story had they not spurned two gilt-edged chances in the first five minutes.
(1) love story :: ibali lothando
(2) short story :: ibali elifutshane
(3) true story :: ibali lokwenyani
(4) bedtime story :: ibali ngaphambi
(5) story of my life :: ibali lobomi bam
(6) tell a story :: ebalisa ibali
(7) success story :: impumelelo indaba
(8) detective story :: indaba bekubuza
(9) story mode :: indlela ibali
(10) story time :: ibali
1. tale ::
2. plot ::
3. news item ::
4. rumor ::
5. testimony ::
6. floor ::
7. report ::
8. narrative ::
9. account ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Boy, that STORY gets better
every time you hear it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 17
It's not surprising that the STORY has
captured the attention of our friends.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 20
And I tell him the STORY of how we meet.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
That is not a funny STORY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 19
So, what's the STORY?
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 8
English to Xhosa Dictionary: story
Meaning and definitions of story, translation in Xhosa language for story with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of story in Xhosa and in English language.
Tags for the entry "story"
What story means in Xhosa, story meaning in Xhosa, story definition, examples and pronunciation of story in Xhosa language.