Noun(1) receptacle that holds odds and ends (as sewing materials
Verb(1) put (things or places
Adjective(1) marked by order and cleanliness in appearance or habits(2) (of hair(3) large in amount or extent or degree
(1) Wellingborough is tidy , neat and comfortable rather than prosperous.(2) I never thought of him being meticulous, but you're probably right; his handwriting was very neat and very tidy .(3) At a fiver a head it would have made a tidy sum for some deserving cause.(4) This tidy sum may be dinner money for many of you high-flyers, but for the rest of us, it would go down a treat.(5) You could join the thieves guild and make quite a tidy bit of money.(6) They generally look to sell off the businesses between three and five years for a tidy profit.(7) York bowled a tidy and straight line but NYCA never kept up with the required run rate despite Conway batting right through for an unbeaten 68.(8) If you wore slacks you were almost certainly a member of the golf club, you were neat and tidy and smart, you were destined for a middling job, an early marriage and early middle age.(9) Yet this girl, with a meticulously tidy mother and accountant father, was a walking bomb site who couldn't add up.(10) Disposing of the tub in the kitchen tidy , she searched the lounge room for her mobile phone and wallet.(11) Of course, this process is not as neat and tidy as I have made it appear.(12) I'm sure this doesn't apply to you, because anybody who reads this is probably a considerate and reasonably tidy person.(13) When I sit down on empty days like this and wonder what to do with myself I think mostly of tidy roses and neatly mown lawns.(14) This will be an integral part of the tidy towns five year plan.(15) Lace curtains neatly surround the latticed windows while pretty flowers border the tidy garden which has obviously been lovingly kept.(16) Helen's father, Francis, sold the winning ticket and he received a tidy sum of ├ö├®┬╝440.
(1) tidy up :: coca
(2) neat and tidy :: zicocekile kwaye icocekile
(3) tidy out :: ngaphandle icocekile
(4) tidy away :: icocekile kude
(5) tidy oneself up :: bashiye nakuye up
1. neat ::
2. large ::
3. sizable ::
4. kempt ::
5. put in order ::
6. groom oneself ::
7. tidy up ::
1. disordered ::
2. disorderly ::
3. sloven ::
4. unkempt ::
5. untidy ::
tidies, tidy, tidying
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
She needs to believe
that everything is neat and TIDY.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
And once Mike's people are no longer a
factor, things should TIDY up nicely.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 8
English to Xhosa Dictionary: tidy
Meaning and definitions of tidy, translation in Xhosa language for tidy with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tidy in Xhosa and in English language.
Tags for the entry "tidy"
What tidy means in Xhosa, tidy meaning in Xhosa, tidy definition, examples and pronunciation of tidy in Xhosa language.